The secret of longevity hidden in the fruit of the gourd
*Mankind got familiar with gourd very long time ago.
*Indians used gourd to put up with long and cold winter.
*In Europe, Columbus is supposed to have brought it.
*At firs it was used as food for the cattle, but later, after realizing its nutritional value and its sweet taste, people put it in their own diet too.
*Over time gourd has become the symbol of regeneration and longevity.
12 helpers for regeneration and longevity of the organism
1.The orange color of the gourd’s inside indicates the presence of beta carotene and vitamin E.Those two are strong antioxidants which protect the body from the bad influence of free radicals, they are very important for prevention of cancer and also protect the health of the eyes.
2. Thanks to the cellulose which is contained in the gourd, it has a purgative property, or ability for cleansing the organism of the toxic substances.
3. Gourd is a great laxative and helps the treating inflammatory changes of the intestines and prevents cancer. It is recommended for treating acne too.
4. Gourd contains a lot of vitamins, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6.
5. Contains folic acid.
6. Mineral ingredients: iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium.
7. Gourd is ideal for those who suffer from diseases of the stomach and the intestines. Helps with constipation and inflammation of the colon.
8. It is considered a natural diuretic, thus it is recommended to people suffering from arthritis and gout.
9. It is ideal for losing weight because on one hand it it satisfies your hunger and on the other it is poor in calories.
10. If used in the autumn – winter period, it reduces cholesterol in blood. Covering of freshly grated gourd is applied to alleviate the pain of varicose veins.
11. A spoon of gourd juice a day protects from diseases of bladder, of kidneys and the prostate.
12. Recent studies have proven that gourd in spite of nourishing and nurturing the skin, also prevents skin cancer.
*The consumption of this treasure, the naturally balanced vitamins and minerals of the gourd in the body, strengthens the immune system and contributes to a greater mental freshness and vitality.
*Gourd can be consumed raw, cooked, or baked. Dishes such as, risotto, mashed potatoes, cream soups, cakes, pies and juices can be made of gourd.
* Gourd can be seasoned with parsley, thyme, bay leaf, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.