3. Ginger is used as a spice for mushrooms, soups, fish, rice and cakes.
*Its healing property consists of stimulating the secretion of gastric juices;
*It has an antiseptic effect;
*It relieves cough and cold;
*Ginger tea reduces morning sickness with hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause.
5 spices with antioxidant power (part 1)
*In the past, spices were the privilege of the rich. They paid with silk and gold for these aromatic herbs.
*Over time, these herbs became available to everyone, thus some of them became the trademark of national cuisines. Spices began to make national and regional cuisines recognizable.
*Many of the spices contain high level of antioxidants which help neutralize the bad effects from free radicals.
Juice of gourd
* 20 g. citric acid (crystalline citric acid) – it is not necessary
* 7 liters of water
* 1 kg. of sugar
* 3 kg. of gourd
The secret of longevity hidden in the fruit of the gourd
*Mankind got familiar with gourd very long time ago.
*Indians used gourd to put up with long and cold winter.
*In Europe, Columbus is supposed to have brought it.
*At firs it was used as food for the cattle, but later, after realizing its nutritional value and its sweet taste, people put it in their own diet too.
*Over time gourd has become the symbol of regeneration and longevity.
Thick pancakes from buckwheat flour
* 6 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
* 6 tablespoons white flour
* 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
* ½ tea spoon baking powder
* ½ tea spoon of baking soda
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 ½ cup butermilk (can be replaced with soy yogurt or soy milk )
* oil for baking pancakes