Chickpea salad with Amaranth dressing
Ingredients for 4 people
1 cup of cooked chickpeas
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 pinches of sea salt
½ lemon ( juice of half a lemon )
* Wash , clean and dice the zucchini into cubes .
* Wash , clean and cut the carrots into cubes .
* Wash and cut cherry tomatoes into cubes .
* Clean the onion and cut it into cubes .
* Mix all ingredients and serve the salad .
You can add a dressing to the salad . Here’s a strange idea for dressing . I love this salad because it taste is different than others .
Dressing made of broccoli stalk and amaranth seeds
1 broccoli stalk
½ cup of amaranth seeds
1 clove of garlic
3 pinches of sea salt
50 – 100 ml . soy yogurt
1 tablespoon tahini
* Clean and cut the broccoli into thinner slices and put them on steam to soften for 5 minutes.
* Boil the amaranth with 3 pinches of sea salt and leave to cool , then put it in a blender with the soften broccoli.
* Add 50-100 ml . soy yogurt , 3 pinches of sea salt , 1 tablespoon tahini and a clove of garlic.
Blend all ingredients for 2-3 minutes, then pour the dressing in the salad and mix all ingredients.
*Just to remind you, Chickpea is an excellent source of manganese, a mineral that participates in the process of getting energy from protein and carbohydrates. Chickpea also participates in the synthesis of fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy nervous system. It is superbly nutritious product, rich in iron, with many vitamins and zinc.
*Amaranth is rich in iron and calcium, two minerals that are often lacking in the diet of girls and women.