Christmas bread with a gold coin for good luck
600 gr. wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
50 ml, . oil
½ cube fresh yeast
200 ml. water
1 golden coin
* Put the flour in the bowl you plan to bake the dough.
* In the middle of the flour, make a small hole.
* Place 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar into the hole.
* Putt 50 ml. oil into the hole on the salt and sugar.
* Separate small pieces of fresh yeast with fingers.
* Add water
* Knead the dough until all the ingredients are merged.
* Put a golden coin (which stood in the water with 1 teaspoon baking soda 15min) in the well knead dough and continue to knead a little longer.
* When the dough is shaped into a ball, put on the old seal of our ancestress on dough.
* Put the dough in a pre-heated oven.
* Baked the dough 20-25 minutes.
* Wrapped the baked bread with a dry cotton cloth, and put a plastic bag on it. Than leave it for 15-20 min., to soften the crust.
* After the crust become soft, put bread in dish and bring to the table that is full of Lenten food.
* The man – father says a prayer for family. Wishing beautiful things for the whole family in the current year, divides the bread into two halves and from the two halves he divides parts for each member of the family.
* Everyone wish a golden coin to be in their part of the bread, but it is only in one piece of the bread.
* People believed that the lucky one, in which part of the bread will be a coin, will have good luck throughout the year.
* This recipe for bread can be used throughout the year, but only on Christmas Eve, the day before Christmas, can be put a golden coin for luck.