4 cups whole wheat flour
250 gr . chopped walnuts
250 gr . chopped fresh dates
200 ml . natural apple juice
1 cup of unrefined sunflower oil
1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
1 pinch sea salt
Preparing the dough
* Place the integral flour in a bowl and add 1 cup of unrefined sunflower oil . Rub the flour and oil with hands until everything starts to crumble .
* Wash , clean and grate the apples and add them in the bowl with the flour and oil .
* Add the chopped wallnuts , chopped dates , apple juice , soda bicarbonate and pinch of salt and knead the dough well . Leave it to stand for 30-45 minutes .
Ingredients for the filling
4 circles of pumpkin 3cm thick
100 gr . red raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon
200 gr . barley malt extract
Preparing the filling
* Peel the rind of the pumpkin and cut circles in half. Cook them on the steam to soften for 3-4 minutes and allow them to cool .
* Wash the raisins .
* Place the dough in the pan with a diameter of 30 cm. and distribute it equally . Pour the barley malt extract on the dough and arrange the pumpkin slices on the top .
* Add cinnamon , raisins and pour the rest of the barley malt over the pumpkin pieces , but gently because you don’t want to crush the pumpkin .
Bake the cake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180-200 Co, then another 15 minutes at 150Co. Once cooled , you can cut the cake into triangles or cubes.