Date cake recipe
3 cups oat flakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 apples ( medium size) grated
300 gr . chopped dates
1 teaspoon baking soda
300 ml. apple juice (to be kneaded )
Mix all ingredients and put them to bake in a pan with diameter 30 , but earlier put baking paper on the pan.
* Allow to bake for 30 minutes . After 30 minutes , remove the pan from the oven and fill the baked dough with the following filling:
Ingredients for the filling
4 apples ( grated )
200 gr . dates ( peeled , split in half )
200 gr . crushed nuts
“The house keeper” / Houseleek (Semprevivum tectorum) (optional)
* Grease the dough with the plum jam(homemade).
*Put the grated apples on the jam.
*Than order the halved peeled dates and return the dough to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes .
* Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle it with crushed nuts and return the cake to the oven to bake for 5 minutes on a low fire.
* You can decorate the cake with circles of kiwi and make a star of the banana quarters .
*In the middle you can put a flower called “ The house keeper” or Houseleek (Semprevivum tectorum) as a decoration.
* I’m sure that you will like the taste of this cake without sugar and oil.