Healthy Swiss chard soup
Ingredients for 4 persons
11 Swiss chard leaves
2 heads onion
½ bunch of parsley
1 tea spoon of miso paste
(or ½ tea spoon of sea salt)
4-5 cups of water (500-600 ml)
2 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil (not necessary)
* Place the Swiss chard leaves in a bowl of water and put 2 tea spoons of sodium bicarbonate(Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate). After 10-15 minutes wash each Swiss chard leaf separately.
* Cut the onion crescents and place them in the pot .
* Cut the carrots into ellipses , and ellipses in a strips and place them in the pot.
* Cut the handles of Swiss chard at an angle of 45 degrees and place them on the parsnips.
* Add 1 cup (250 ml.) of water and allow to soften for 10 minutes over low heat.
* Cut the Swiss chard leaves in the middle of the tendon in half. Put the half from the leaves over another half.
* After 10 minutes, when the vegetables soften, add the cut Swiss chard in a skillet, add 2 or 3 cups of 250 ml. water (depending on how thick you want the soup to be) and allow to boil for 5 more minutes.
* Finally add the finely chopped parsley.
* If you do not use miso paste, add ½ tea spoon sea salt, and allow to boil for 5 more minutes,but if you want to put miso paste in a soup.
* Turn off the heat and wait 10 to 15 minutes.
* In a separate bowl dissolve 1 teaspoon miso paste with a little water and add it to the soup.
* When the Swiss chard is ready to eat, you don`t have anything else to do but to enjoy the taste.