Macrobiotic/ vegan chocolate cake with crushed hazelnuts
Ingredients for dough
4 cups whole wheat flour
100 ml. unrefined sunflower oil
1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
1 cup crushed unroasted hazelnuts
100/150 gr. raisins
200 ml. mineral carbonated water
Preparing the dough
* Cover the mixture with a lid and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
* Bet a pan (no. 30) with a baking paper and after 30-40 minutes pour the dough in a pan and put it to bake for 30 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees .
Ingredients for the filling
400 gr . rice flour
1½ l. rice milk (10 cups)
1 cup of barley malt extract
1 cup of crushed unroasted hazelnuts
2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder or dark cooking chocolate (optional)
2-3 tablespoons unrefined sunflower oil
Preparing the filling
* Pour 1½ l . ( 10 cups ) of rice milk in the pot and add 400 gr . rice flour, a cup of barley malt extract . Put it on fire and stir with a stirring wire until you don’t make it thick like a pudding.
* When it thickens add a cup of crushed unroasted hazelnuts and 2-3 tablespoons unrefined sunflower oil. Leave the filling to cool.
* Cut the baked dough in half and fill it with the fill from the inside and the outside.
Finally pour the melted dark cooking chocolate on the cake but it is not necessary.