The algae are sea vegetables which purifies the body and protects it from radiation
* Arame algae is algae thin as thread with a mild flavor. It doesn’t have an intense flavor as other algae, and is therefore recommended in the beginning, until our taste for sea vegetables is developed. It is best combined with vegetables, but can be combined with tofu, root vegetables, nuts or seeds.
* The arame algae should not be steeped. You should place it in a strainer for a while, pour hot water on it, and then use it directly.
* Simmer for 40 minutes. When normally dried it can be used as a crunchy snack, and in salad it softens in about ten minutes and becomes soft as pastry nudle.
* This algae is rich in protein, fat, vitamins A, B1, B2 and C, and are particularly rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine and iron. It is very good for improving the immune system, maintaining healthy skin, nails and hair, and also help in preventing hair loss.
* Regular use of this algae contributes to the acceleration of the process of hair growth after chemotherapy. It also contains lignin, which is proven to help in the fight against cancer.
* Wakame algae is an integral part of the traditional Asian cuisine. When it is fresh it has a gray brown color, but when cooked – it gets green.
* It is rich in protein, minerals, iodine, calcium, iron and vitamins A, B and C.
*The algae itself is good for purifying the blood, strengthening the immune system and it has a strong antibacterial effect.
*It owns a component carotenoid fukoksantin (Fucoxanthin), which is responsible for weigh loss, affects oxidation of fatty acids, and production of heat in the mitochondria of the adipose tissue.
* Mitochondria of cells turn sugar and fatty acids into energy and play a major role in regulating the metabolism. Simultaneously fukosantin acts against diabetes.
Method of preparation:
* Before use, wash or soak in water for 3-5 minutes. Boil 5-10 minutes. It is used as an addition to soups, miso, cereals, salads, fish and vegetables cooked by steaming.
* Kombu algae has broad leaves. It is picked in the sea south of the island Hokaido. They are black-brownish with a specific flavor. It is used as an addition to soups, beans, grains, and vegetables.
* It is rich in vitamins A, B, B1, B2 that contribute to improving the work of the brain and nervous system, niacin, which strengthens the blood walls and prevents atherosclerosis, calcium which is good for the bones, sodium and potassium that are good for regulation of fluids in the body and lowering blood pressure, iron that contributes to increasing the number of red blood cells, phosphorus which improves the work of the heart and the kidneys and iodine which stimulates and regulates the work of the thyroid.
* On the algae themselves you can see white spots in the shape of tiny dots. These white spots should not be removed because they are salt minerals which appear with the very drying of the algae and enhance the taste of it. Kombu algae is great for strengthening the blood and the whole organism. Prevents from degenerative disease, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and improves the work of the intestines.
Method of preparation:
* Kombu algae can be cleaned with a wet cloth or rinsed with cold water. Then soak it into water for 3-5 minutes. Boil it with beans for 30 minutes, and then cut it into thin strips and cubes.